- doc. Ing. Stanislav NOVOTNÝ, Ph.D.
- Deputy Head:
- doc. Ing. Petr BOUCHNER, Ph.D.
Driving Simulation Research Group found by the Department of Vehicle Technology of Faculty of Transportation Sciences in Czech Technical University in Prague for many years has been working the in area of simulation technologies. This includes:
- Design and construction of driving simulators, including hardware design (moving platforms, vehicle cockpits, steering wheel simulation) and complete creation of virtual environment for these simulators.
- Studding and evaluation of driver behavior and development of suitable methods and technics for driver behavior evaluation.
- Creating of different virtual environments for driving simulators. Design and creation of the special software modules for automatic scene generation for new scene design.
- Research and development of possible methods to use GIS data for scene creation (generation of the landscape and road characteristics based on real geographic data) to maximize the impression of reality in the driving simulators
- Research in the area of HMI, impact of HMI design (radio controls, climate control or navigation system HMI evaluation) on driving quality
- Driver's behavior evaluation in critical situations such as driving inside road tunnels, or under fatigue and etc. Those methods are mainly based on evaluation of complex biological (EEG) and technical data measured during the experiment.
This laboratory is equipped by several driving simulators, such as:
- Cave simulator Octavia
- Small track simulator
- Track simulator on moving platform
- Small simulator for driving schools
This laboratory is equipped by cutting edge measuring equipment:
- Eye-tracker Smarteye
- Eye-tracker SMI
- Hamamatsu NIRO monitor
- Head mounted display Sensics piSight
- 5DT Data Glove 5 Ultra
- IR motion tracking system OptiTrack